Inequality data in the last few years increasingly show the importance of carefully studying the middle class in the country and the role it plays in the society as a general.
The aim of the study is to address the following issues:
- How should we determine the middle class in the country, what is its share in the population and how it changed over time?
- What are general characteristics of the middle class in Mongolia?
- What is the role of the middle class in the society and economy and what role does it play in elections? And policymaking?
- Are there signs of political consolidation and empowerment of the middle class?
- Does it have an adequate representation in the political system?
- What are the major challenges for the middle class for further improving their livelihoods? How challenges faced by the middle class are different from those of others?
- What is the potential impact of mining driven economic growth on the middle class and on the role it plays in the society?
- What are policy choices for the Government to address issues that the middle class faces and what could be priorities for the government?