The aim of the study is to address the following issues.
- Assess current management of capital inflow and outflow in the country.
- Does the current regulatory framework provide adequate protection from sudden flows of capital?
- What would be the goal of capital controls and what kind of instruments are available and feasible?
- What different forms of capital flow management are available for the Government of Mongolia and BoM?
- Assess effectiveness of these instruments in regulating the flows and discuss what structure is needed to have them operational.